Sinusitis is the inflammation of sinuses the cavities or air spaces around the nose and frontal head. When the paranasal sinuses gets inflamed due to infection, allergy or auto immune problems it leads to sinusitis. It causes throbbing kind of headaches. This can lead to other infections, also vision problems. Sinusitis usually trigger asthma. It is mainly caused due to viral infection. Patients will be restless and wont be able to concentrate on their work due to headache and heaviness, Sense of smell will be altered since most perceive a sense of foul smell inside the mouth..Due to improper functioning of cilia failing to drain mucous out.
1. Weakened immunity.
2. Due to infections like hay fever etc.
3. Due to deviated nasal septum.
4. Due to viral, bacterial and fungal infections.
5. Due to too cold and heavy food.
Symptoms present for 4 weeks or less and caused due to bacterial infections.
When the inflammation of sinus is present more than 3 months.
2. Pain, tenderness, swelling, around forehead, nose, eyes, cheeks.
3. Difficulty to breath due to nasal obstruction and discharge of thick yellowish discharge.
4. Reduced sense of smell and bad breath.
5. Post nasal drip.
6. Tooth and earache
Dusta pratisyaya: Due to causative factors the vata kapha dosha is vitiated and vitiates the pranavata present in respiratory tract. This kapha gets affected by ama and gets localized in shiras causing dusta pratisyaya. Removing out the morbid materials out and cleansing the system will be the main line of treatment.
Nasyam with suitable oils selected by the doctor,